I like roasting whole birds, but yesterday, I found myself with a package of chicken thigh fillet. In which case, I decided to roast the chicken parts. Thighs make people happy, anyway. This recipe goes from the oven to the table in a few easy steps.
Roasted Chicken Thighs
8 pcs chicken thigh fillets
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp thyme
1 Tbsp butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
2. Dry chicken pieces with a paper towel to prepare for rubbing.
3. Combine salt, pepper, oregano, paprika, and thyme and rub on all chicken pieces.
4. Heat butter on a skillet and brown the chicken pieces before arranging them in an oven safe dish. Put in the oven to continue cooking, about 35 minutes.
5. In the same skillet, saute garlic and onions until soft. Take the chicken out of the oven and lay the sauteed garlic and onion on top. Return to the oven to finish cooking, about 10 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and enjoy.
For yesterday's meal (pictured above), I happened to have some beautiful french beans which I decided to grill on the stove top. Then I placed the beans on top of the roasted chicken to give it an appetizing green finish.